The OSAKA Hockey IDO Mk1 iconic Black is the newest shoe on the hockey market. The IDO Mk1 Standard is a hockey shoes designed for hockey players, by the biggest experts in the world. This means that the IDO Mk1 is the perfect shoe for any level of hockey player, giving all the support, protection and stability you could need.
- MOVE FREELY WITHOUT JEOPARDISING STABILITY
- The Ido comes alive with midsole decoupling that changes the behaviour of the shoe without jeopardising stability.
- The foot in its natural form is a completely decoupled structure, it has 26 bones and has over 100 ligaments which all move independently of each other.
- So, what decoupling does is when you apply a particular force to the bottom of the shoe it separates so that you have more shoe in contact with the ground when you need it, where you need it.
- Decoupling on the IDO is nonspecific so it suits anyone and everyone, no matter your foot shape or function.
THE “O” SPOT
- BALANCED AND CENTRED
- We’ve highlighted a part of the shoe called the “O” spot that is right underneath the cuboid bone.
- This gives the spot the ability to bend so it does not influence the rest of the foot and move independently.
- It represents a balance center point for agility, acceleration and deceleration movements that the hockey player has to adapt to on the field.
- OPTIMUM POSITIONING FOR AGILITY
- The closer to the ground, the less the penalty.
- Traditionally the height in the back is usually 30 mm and the front 20 mm which gives a stack height of 10 mm.
- The IDO MK1 height in the back is 26 mm and the front 18 mm with the result of a 8 mm drop which brings the player closer to the pitch.
ENGINEERED MESH UPPER
- ATHLETE AND SHOE BECOME ONE
- An engineered mesh upper is the lightest option available without jeopardizing durability or strength for foot lockdown.
- This upper is noticeably light and breathable and has been designed not to hold water.
- The IDO MK1 engineered mesh upper offers confidence to the athlete when they push the limits.
- ENGINEERED TO GO
- The sling hugs the foot to the midsole of the shoe.
- We have kept the sling system as close to the foot as possible to minimize the lateral movement of the foot in the shoe.
- There is a sling system on the outside of the shoe as well as on the inside to prevent the foot from sliding off the shoe giving it a snug feeling and tighter lockdown.
- The slings on the inside are constructed using Spenco Neoprene, which is shock attenuating, protecting the most vulnerable parts of the foot while performing.
TOE BOX SHELL PROTECTION
- PLAY WITH CONFIDENCE
- To protect the toes from ball impact, a toe box shell protection has been applied in the front.
- We've tested the toe box to obtain the optimum amount of protection without carrying unnecessary weight.
MULTI DIRECTIONAL CLEATS
- The grip characteristics of the IDO MK1 are unique to the game of hockey. Running backwards, sideways, pivoting and fast acceleration forward - there is no direction that the cleats don’t accommodate for.
- A full contact outsole that offers full confidence in fast changing directional movements and allowing rapid braking.
- LAST COMES FIRST
- The starting point of every shoe design is the last.
- The last determines the comfort and performance characteristics of a shoe.
- Traditional manufacturing methods prevented last innovation to move towards contouring the plantar surface, UNTIL NOW!
- The Ido is unique because it is built around what’s called an anatomical last, in fact, it’s the first field hockey shoe to ever be built using an anatomical last.
- Traditional lasts are flat on the bottom whereas an anatomical last is completely contoured to the shape of a foot.
- When that’s translated to the shoe, it means you sit in the shoe with full surface contact rather than on top of the flat midsole.
- Fast Drying Mesh Upper
- Strategical Cleat Composition
- Heel Deceleration
- Ankle Lock Lacing Option
- Foot grabbing/stabilizing eyestay system
To find out more information about the OSAKA 2022 Range - Click Here
To see the full range of OSAKA Hockey Shoes - CLICK HERE
SEE HOW IT WAS MADE